Accessing WiFi at The UVM Medical Center
The University of Vermont Medical Center is pleased to offer free wireless internet capabilities at nearly all our locations, including a Guest Wireless Network for our patients and visitors.
Providing wireless internet access at The UVM Medical Center is in keeping with our commitment to provide you with high-quality, compassionate care in service to the community. We encourage you to take advantage of this service should you or a loved one need medical care at any of our clinical facilities.
What is a wireless network?
In a wireless network, computers with wireless network cards connect to the internet through the air, rather than by using conventional network cables. The UVM Medical Center is creating a "wireless hotspot" and providing free wireless internet access to patients and guests.
What electronic devices can utilize this technology?
The wireless technology being installed at The UVM Medical Center is designed to cater to mobile computing systems, such as Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), laptop computers, and cell phones with internet access. Most new laptops are equipped with internal wireless networking cards which will operate on the The UVM Medical Center wireless network.
About the Guest Wireless Network:
- Our patients, their families and visitors are able to access the network at nearly all of our inpatient and outpatient locations, in our inpatient rooms, and in public areas such as cafeterias and lobbies.
- In order to use the free network, users must bring their own laptop, PDA or cell phone with internet access to a acility with wireless access at The UVM Medical Center.
- Users of the wireless network need to follow a few simple instructions when they open their Web browser to log on to the network, including accepting a usage agreement.
- The wireless network includes a feature that blocks users from visiting certain inappropriate sites.
- For those individuals who do not have computer access, there are public computers available in the Frymoyer Community Health Resource Center, Main Pavilion on Level 3 and the Baird Building Level 5 Family Room.
What if I need assistance in accessing the network?
Should you need assistance, The UVM Medical Center can provide you with easy-to-follow instructions for accessing the Guest Wireless Network. These instructions will include contact information for our Information Services team. Click on the PDF below for instructions on how to access our wireless network.
|Wireless Instructions||Download PDF|
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF documents