Meeting Your Family's Primary Care Needs
Family Medicine physicians are trained in total health care for the family and individual and are team members in your patient-centered medical home. We are dedicated to taking care of your entire household, from newborns and pediatrics, through adulthood and geriatrics.
The University of Vermont Medical Center's comprehensive family medicine services span six sites throughout Vermont and employ over 40 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and mental health professionals to support our patients' wellness management.
We also provide clinical structure for the many family medicine physicians in the community who have attending medical staff privileges at the UVM Medical Center.
FLU SHOTS NOW AVAILABLE
Now more than ever, your flu shot matters. Please call your Primary Care provider to schedule your flu vaccination appointment.
Family Care at the UVM Medical Center in Burlington, VT
We provide obstetrical care and deliveries, care for your children as they grow into young men and women, and care for adults of all ages. We offer annual health physicals, sports and work forms, as well as care for acute illnesses and chronic diseases.
We provide a continuity of health care for your entire life, from providers who get to know you well. In short, we're here to meet you and your family's health care needs when you need us.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive health care for all age groups
- Pediatric care for babies, young children and teens
- Adult and geriatric medicine
- Women's health care, Pap smears, colposcopy
- Pregnancy, maternity and newborn care
- Family planning and birth control
- Physical examinations
- Sports medicine and musculoskeletal care
- Skin care and minor surgery
- Mental health services
- Laboratory and x-ray on site
- Hospital care for babies, children and adults
- Home visits when needed
- Urgent care and ambulatory infusion services at the Walk-In Care Center
- Nursing home care
Emergency and After Hours Care
Our offices share resources to provide 24-hour physician coverage. Calls made post-regular business hours are fielded by answering service personnel. They contact the on-call physician who calls you directly.
The Walk-In Care Center is available on a walk-in basis for patients, including evenings and weekends, with x-ray and lab facilities on site.
In extreme emergencies, call 911 to reach your local rescue squad. At the hospital, inform the staff of your doctor's name so they can contact us.
View Our Locations
Family Medicine at The University of Vermont Medical Center is staffed with highly skilled physicians who also teach and conduct research. Because we are a university hospital we offer a setting that combines education, training and the latest advancements in technology. This allows our physicians to educate others and conduct vital research, which fuels better care for our patients.
Learn more about our clinical, research and academic missions below.
How to refer a patient to the UVM Medical Center Family Medicine:
- Call (toll free): 888-362-3242
- Fax Referral Line: 802-847-2001
- Email: ReferralCenteruvmhealth [dot] org Note: please send encrypted files.
For information on the Office of Provider Relations, Provider Access Services and Patient Placement Services, visit Patient Referral Resources.
- Fellowship and Residency Programs - We offer post-medical degree training programs in over 17 service lines. Visit Graduate Medical Education (GME) for information on our Family Medicine Residency program.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) – Our CME Program offers a series of medical courses for health care professionals to learn about new and developing areas of their fields. Visit CME.
- Grand Rounds - Grand Rounds present current medical topics and developments. They are sponsored by individual departments on a regular basis.