Psychological Services at UVM Medical Center
At UVM Medical Center, you have access to psychologists with expertise treating a wide range of conditions, in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our psychologists provide diagnostic evaluation, clinical consultation, and psychotherapy to patients hospitalized on our medical, surgical, and rehabilitation units. In addition, we provide psychotherapy in a variety of outpatient settings, including hospital outpatient, specialty clinic, and primary care settings.
Psychological Services for Patients in the Hospital
For patients who are in the hospital, we specialize in the following areas:
- Medical psychology - psychological support for and provider and staff consultation regarding adult inpatients on the Medical Center Campus
- Rehabilitation psychology - psychological support for and provider consultation regarding patients admitted to Rehabilitation units
- Pediatric psychology - psychological support to and provider and staff consultation regarding children and adolescents admitted to pediatric units and their families
Our psychologists help patients in the hospital with a range of issues, including:
- Pain management
- Adjustment to acute and chronic illness, injury and trauma
- Anticipatory grief and bereavement
- Problems with mood and anxiety
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injury
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Pre-hospitalization psychological concerns
Outpatient Psychological Services
On an outpatient basis, we offer psychological services to adults, children, adolescents, and families. We have particular expertise in addressing psychological challenges associated with acute and chronic medical conditions. In addition, we provide individual, group and family therapy to address the following:
- Eating disorders
- Relationship and behavior problems
- Developmental challenges
- Substance Abuse
- Gender-related concerns
- Sleep disorders
We provide these services at the Medical Center Campus outpatient offices, Fanny Allen Campus, UHC Campus, and community-based pediatric practices.
Our neuropsychological services are provided primarily on the Fanny Allen Campus. We provide assessments at the Memory Center, outpatient evaluations for the adult population at large, and
- Traumatic brain injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of Dementia
- Other medical conditions associated with Cognitive Dysfunction
How to schedule an appointment
For services at the MCHV Campus, please call us at 802-847-3634.
For Neuropsychological services, please call 802-847-1111.
View Our Locations
Clinical Psychology Training at the UVM Medical Center
The University of Vermont Medical Center offers doctoral level internship and practicum training committed to training clinicians and increasing access to mental health services within our health network.
To learn more about our clinical psychology internship, download the UVM Medical Center 2023 Clinical Psychology Internship Handbook.
For more information please contact:
Tara [dot] McCuinuvmhealth [dot] org (Tara[dot]McCuin[at]uvmhealth[dot]org)
This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from an intern applicant.