Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Center - Spine Program
192 Tilley Drive
Spine Institute of New England
South Burlington, VT 05403-4440
Spine Program at UVM Medical Center
For nearly 30 years, the Spine Program at the Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Center at UVM Medical Center has been committed to providing personalized care to patients with back and neck pain and spinal disorders.
Approximately 8,000 patients seek spine care with us each year.
Patients will see a spine team consisting of internal medicine doctors, spine specialists, physiatrists, orthopedic surgeons, rehabilitation specialists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists. We take a comprehensive approach to evaluate your condition, understand your symptoms, and find the most appropriate, least invasive treatment to help you live a better, more active life.
Spine, Back and Neck Conditions We Treat
- Back and neck pain
- Fractures, including spondylolisthesis
- Spinal cord compression (cervical myelopathy)
- Herniated disc (herniated nucleus pulposus)
- Pinched nerves, including cervical radiculopathy and sciatica
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
- Hunchback (kyphosis)
Spine, Back, and Neck Treatments We Offer
- Alignment correction
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement
- Cervical arthritis repair
- Spinal decompression
- Disc removal (discectomy)
- Transpsoas interbody fusion: Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion (DLIFÂ®),
eXtremeLateral, and Interbody Fusion (XLIFÂ®)
- Microscopically assisted discectomy
- Spinal bone surgery (osteotomy)
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation, including physical and occupational therapy
How to use a Tens Unit
This video will go over how to use a TENS, unit including setting the unit up, electrode placement, electrical settings, precautions and problem solving.
Getting Ready for Your Spinal Fusion
This video will help you to prepare for your upcoming spine surgery. We cover what to expect, equipment needs, getting yourself and your home ready, and post-operative rehabilitation and precaution.