Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services - Tilley Drive
192 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-4440
Physiatry at The UVM Medical Center
Doctors who specialize in rehabilitation medicine are known as physiatrists. Physiatrists at The University of Vermont Medical Center bring together comprehensive therapy and physician services for evaluation, consultation, diagnosis, and treatment.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
At the UVM Medical Center in Burlington, VT, we are committed to providing care for people with general neurological conditions such as:
- Stroke or brain injuries
- Neuro-degenerative disorders such as multiple sclerosis, ALS or Parkinson's disease.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Balance and vestibular disorders
- As well as other conditions such as:
- Multiple trauma injuries
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Cerebral Palsy
Physiatrists at The UVM Medical Center
We strive to help our patients regain their maximum level of function and independence medically, vocationally, and socially. Physicians are board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatrists).
Our physicians have extensive experience in treating a wide range of musculoskeletal and neurological problems. Some physiatrists are also board certified in the field of electrodiagnostic medicine and offer
Depending upon what service you need, an appointment can be made in the following manner:
- Appointments may be made with a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician for evaluation, consultation, or second opinion by a referral from either your primary physician, specialty physician, or self-referral.
- An EMG can only be scheduled by referral from a physician.
- An appointment may be made for a medical psychological evaluation or treatment with or without a referral. Approval for mental health treatment is not arranged through your primary care
physician,but through your insurance company. The phone number for mental health authorization can be found on your insurance card.
Financial coverage for evaluation and treatment are subject to the conditions of your particular insurance policy. Please bring any records or diagnostic studies such as X-rays, CT scans or MRI. This will assist the physician in developing a comprehensive plan of care.