- Residency applications are submitted via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- The Internal Medicine Residency Program at UVM Medical Center participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- All applications are reviewed by our Program Leadership.
- We accept J-1 visas only and require graduation from medical school to be within 2 years. Please see the GME website for additional application requirement details.
- We encourage submission by December 1st to allow us time to give all applications full review.
- Invitations to interview are emailed via Interview Broker.
- Interviews are generally scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays from October to January. Space is limited so please respond as soon as possible to emails regarding interview scheduling.
- Subsidized rates at the Hilton Garden Inn in Burlington are provided. This includes complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Current residents host a dinner the evening prior to the interview day. This is a chance for you to get to know our residents outside of the clinical setting. Dinner is casual and optional, travel plans permitting.
- Interview day lasts approximately from 7:30am to 3pm. The day will include a welcome session with our Program Leadership, Resident Morning Report, a group presentation with the Chair of the Department of Medicine, a hospital and resident primary care clinic tour, and 2 individual interviews with faculty members or chief residents. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please let us know if you have any special dietary needs and we will do our best to accommodate you.