Application requirements for The Internal Medicine Residency Program at UVM Medical Center:
To be considered for an interview, please submit your application through ERAS and include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Medical School transcript
- MSPE (formerly the Dean’s Letter)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX score report. We do not have a minimum score to apply.
- Letters of recommendations: three letters preferably from faculty who have supervised clinical work. A departmental letter such as a Vice Chair for Education, Internal Medicine Chair Letter or Clerkship Director letter is recommended as part of the three letters. We will accept an optional fourth letter.
- Candidates should be U.S. Citizens, permanent residents, or J-1 visa holders.
- Applicants can interview for all tracks on a single interview day and can apply to both tracks (categorical and primary care) if that aligns with their interests.
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants' supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program's setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application includes:
- geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- information about an applicant's most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered via email to applicants with a unique URL that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.