Welcome to our Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship!
Our mission is to train:
- Leaders who can help move the field of Hospice & Palliative Medicine forward.
We accomplish this through:
- Clinical Excellence for patients at all stages of serious illness by performing whole-person assessment, skillful symptom management, interprofessional collaboration, and empathic and adept communication with patients and their families.
- Diverse clinical experiences at a major academic hospital, a hospice center, a longitudinal care facility, critical access hospitals, telemedicine and patients’ homes. Our program particularly dedicates time to rural palliative care.
- Dedicated academic workshops on clinical skills, evidence-based medicine, leadership development and population health, also covering health systems, value-incentive payment models and quality improvement.
- Opportunities for collaboration on academic pursuits through the Vermont Conversation Lab and TalkVermont, a partnership with VitalTalk and Ariadne Labs that emphasizes person-centered goals of care conversations throughout our health network.
- A commitment to self-care and resilience, including workshops on narrative medicine, Balint groups and structured reflections.
We seek fellows from all backgrounds and specialties. If you are a physician with a demonstrated passion for Hospice and Palliative Medicine, we hope you will consider applying to join our community.
We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
UVM Health Network Hospice & Palliative Medicine values diversity as a driver of excellence in both the clinical and academic setting. We embrace diversity in its broadest forms, encompassing and exploring the dimensions of not only racial and ethnic diversity, but also gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, thought or philosophy, disability, education level, socioeconomic background, Veteran status, and life experience.
We actively seek diversity and inclusion within our community and seek fellows who will continue to foster this important mission.