62 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-4407
Endocrinology: What You Need to Know
Providing comprehensive diabetes care is a major component of the Endocrinology and Diabetes service at The University of Vermont Medical Center. Services offered include specialized evaluation, education and treatment programs for patients with diabetes mellitus.
Our program is staffed by The UVM Medical Group attending physicians, nurse practitioners, fellows, diabetes teaching nurses and dieticians who work together to provide comprehensive care through all stages of your condition.
At The UVM Medical Center, our personalized approach is catered to your specific needs and guides you and your family through every aspect of your care.
Experienced, Trusted Expertise
As a university hospital, your care includes the latest treatments and advancements with a strong focus on patient education. We treat about 14,000 patients per year.
Endocrinology: Common Conditions
Endocrinology deals with the endocrine system and gland disorders. University of Vermont Medical Center endocrinologists treat the following common endocrine and gland conditions:
- Abnormalities of Growth and Development
- Adrenal Diseases, Tumors, Cushing's Disease
- Calcium Disorders, Hypoparathyroidism, Hyperparathyroidism
- Calcium Metabolic Bone Disease
- Diabetes/High Sugar
- Diabetes in Pregnancy, Gestational Diabetes
- High Cholesterol, Lipid Disorders
- Hypogonadism, Low Testosterone
- Pituitary Disease, Pituitary Tumors
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease, Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
- Thyroid Nodules, Goiters
Endocrinology: Common Treatments
Common treatments of gland disorders include:
- Hormone Replacement
- Patient Education
- Sugar Control
- Thyroid Nodule Biopsy, Fine Needle Aspiration
- Thyroid Ultrasound
Find a UVM Medical Center endocrinologist or call 802.847-4576.