62 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-4407
Diabetes - Caring for Yourself
At The University of Vermont Medical Center, our diabetes care goes well beyond diagnosis. We make sure you have the tools you need to care for yourself and manage your diabetes.
We offer the following services:
- Self-Care Goal Setting - Our team of specialists will work with you to create specific goals that will help you manage your disease and live the life you want to live. We help with goal-setting in the following areas:
- Healthy Eating
- Being Active
- Taking Medication
- Reducing Risks of Complications
- Problem Solving
- Healthy Coping
- Diet and Exercise Planning - We have Registered Dietitians to help you design a diet and exercise program catered to your needs.
- Insulin Pump Program - We provide insulin pump assessment, training and ongoing support for patients who are wearing insulin pumps or who are interested in insulin pumps. We also are knowledgeable and skilled in continuous glucose monitoring sensors.
- A Team Available For Patient Support - We provide health screening assessments, medication management and can connect you with financial and community resources.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease (NIDDK)
Healthier Living with Diabetes Workshop: A free series of six classes
Based on research conducted at Stanford University, this class gives people living with diabetes the tools, techniques and confidence to manage their health better on a daily basis and improve their quality of life while living with diabetes.
Visit MyHealthyVT.org for more information and to register for the Diabetes Self-Management Workshop and see all available workshops.