Victoria Buffum Endowment
Victoria (Vicki) Buffum was an amazing woman who lost her battle with cancer in 2002 at the age of 58. During her cancer
During her own experience as a patient at The University of Vermont Medical Center Hematology & Oncology Program, she became devoted to trying to improve the experience associated with a catastrophic illness such as cancer. Vicki wanted to see the process of moving through the medical care process become more "
Following Victoria's gift, friends and family and The UVM Cancer Center clinicians established a committee to review the distributions from the endowment, aligned and united by Victoria's mission and commitment to cancer patient support. Applications may be written for programs or projects directed at providing resources or services for patients and families. Applications must address the goals of the endowment listed below:
- The development of education and training modules that foster patient/
health careprovider communications.
- The development of educational programs focusing on patient and family issues related to blood diseases and cancer.
- Pilot funding for no more than 3 years.
- Projects from health care providers for supportive care research.
- Development of patient support groups focusing on different blood and cancer disease sites.
- Development of educational outreach programs within the community and region promoting a multitude of cancer care issues.
- Development of patient-friendly environment to promote the above goals and facilitate patient/caregiver interactions.
For more information on the Buffum Endowment and Buffum Fund, please contact:
Director of Major Gifts, UVM Cancer Center
The UVM Medical Center and the UVM Foundation
89 Beaumont Avenue, Courtyard at Given N-310
Burlington, VT 05405
Office: (802) 656-4405
Cell: (802) 598-3422
Email: Lindsay [dot] Longeuvmhealth [dot] org
If you would like learn more about the Victoria Buffum Endowment Fund and contribute to making an impact by improving the cancer patient experience, please contact Manon O'Connor, Senior Director, Development at The UVM Cancer Center at 802-656-4471 or at manon [dot] oconnormed [dot] uvm [dot] edu.