Body contouring is a cosmetic surgical procedure that can be done following major weight loss or weight reduction surgery or to help contour problem areas that do not respond to diet and exercise. It helps improve the shape and tone of tissue underneath the skin. Body sculpting surgery also removes excess fat and skin, resulting in a more normal body appearance.
Body contouring procedures can include:
- Lower body lift (belt lipectomy) - removes excess fat and skin in the abdomen, buttocks groin and outer thighs.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) - removes excess skin and tightens surrounding tissue to lift and firm the breasts.
- Arm lift (brachioplasty) - reduces excess skin and fat in the upper arm, between underarm and elbow.
- Thigh lift (thighplasty) - reduces excess skin and fat in the thighs to improve the contours of the thighs and lower body.
- Traditional Liposuction - eliminates excess fat deposits as part of the body contouring process.
Body Sculpting Consultation and Evaluation
The first step in your treatment at The UVM Medical Center is an initial cosmetic surgery consultation and medical evaluation. During this time, we will discuss your goals and concerns and determine if you are a suitable candidate for plastic surgery.
Learn More About Body Contouring
For more information on body contouring procedures for women and body sculpting procedures for men, visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.
Please note: Some of the doctors and specialists listed below may not treat this specific condition.