Transferring Patients to the UVM Health Network
The University of Vermont Health Network transfer center provides a “one-call-does-it-all” system to arrange patient transfers to and from our hospitals in Vermont and New York. We aim to improve health outcomes and save lives by collaborating with ground and air ambulance providers in the region to get patients to the right level of care as quickly as possible.
Any provider seeking to send a patient to a UVM Health Network hospital should call the transfer center and our staff will coordinate the logistics to make sure the patient gets to the right place at the right time using the most appropriate mode of travel. Our staff also facilitate transfers out of our Network when needed.
Arrange a Patient Transfer
About the Care Coordination System
The Transfer Center is one piece of the UVM Health Network care coordination system, a group of more than 130 health care providers, nurses, EMTs, paramedics, communications specialists and logistics experts that work together to coordinate safe, seamless care for our patients. We collaborate with more than 20 hospitals and 25 ambulance providers in Vermont and northern New York, spanning a service area of 40,000 square miles.
Our services include:
- Coordinating patient transfers
- Connecting physicians with specialists for timely consultations
- Marshaling medical and communication resources to respond to emergencies
- Managing bed planning and placement for patients across the entire UVM Health Network
- Coordinating and providing critical care transportation