Have a question?
Contact our Sleep Center. We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
If your child has problems sleeping or has a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea or insomnia, the sleep specialists at the University of Vermont Medical Center are here to help.
Pediatric Sleep Clinic at UVM Medical Center
The Pediatric Behavioral Sleep Medical Program at the UVM Medical Center is the only sleep center in the Chittenden County area that is accredited by the AASM (American Academy of Sleep Medicine), which means we offer the highest standards of care to our patients.
Our sleep doctors and specialists treat children with various sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia, Restless Leg Syndrome, and other sleep problems in kids.
An evaluation could require an overnight stay to monitor brain activity, eye movements, muscle tone, heart rate, and breathing pattern while your child sleeps.
The sleep study rooms are at the following locations:
- The UVM Medical center Sleep Lab on Patrick 5 at our main campus on 111 Colchester Ave in Burlington, VT
- The Residence Inn by Marriot at 71 Rathe Road in Colchester, VT
Pediatric Sleep Study: What to Expect
Safe Sleep Hospital
The UVM Children's Hospital has received a national bronze level certification from Cribs for Kids to recognize their efforts in infant safe sleep promotion.
This is the culmination of months of project and policy work across pediatrics, NICU, PICU, the Emergency Department, and the Mother Baby Unit. This project was inspired by recent accidental infant deaths in Vermont.
Families who qualify may receive a pack and play crib thanks to generous grants from The Children’s Miracle Network and The Fraternal Order of Eagles. Mother-Baby nurses Kelly Borch and Sharon Schroeder are coordinating follow-up contact with new families after discharge.
If you have any questions about this project or about safe sleep please email: safesleepuvmhealth [dot] org
Learn more about Safe Sleep: Safe Sleep: How to Keep Infants Safe.
SAFE SLEEP RESOURCES
- Vermont Department of Health -- Safe Sleep VT Department of Health
- American Academy of Pediatrics — Safe Sleep Policy Statement
- NICHD — Safe to Sleep Campaign
- CDC — Sudden Unexpected Infant Death and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Cribs for Kids -- Cribs for Kids Foundation
Adult Sleep Program
Learn more about the UVM Medical Center's comprehensive adult sleep program, a team approach to sleep care.
Pediatric Sleep Medicine - For Medical Professionals
How to Refer a Patient
How to refer a patient to the Sleep Center at UVM Medical Center:
- Provider Access Service: 800-639-2480
- Email: %22ReferralCenteruvmhealth [dot] org%22">ReferralCenteruvmhealth [dot] org Note: please send encrypted files.
- Download the Pediatric Sleep Referral Form
For information on the Office of Provider Relations, Provider Access Services and Patient Placement Services, visit Patient Referral Resources.
- Sleep Fellowship Program - We offer a one-year postgraduate Sleep Medicine Fellowship to prepare fellows for a successful career in sleep medicine.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) – Our CME Program offers a series of medical courses for healthcare professionals to learn about new and developing areas of their fields. Visit CME.
- Grand Rounds - Grand Rounds present current medical topics and developments. They are sponsored by individual departments on a regular basis.
The Department of Neurological Sciences at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM is actively engaged in various research studies and education programs. Learn more about research at the Department of Neurological Sciences.