62 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-4407
Millions of people suffer from acute and chronic pain every year. Unrelieved chronic pain can severely impact people's lives - leading to decreased activity, an inability to work and enjoy hobbies, and withdrawal from family and friends.
Pain Medicine in Burlington, VT
The University of Vermont Medical Center Center provides comprehensive assessment and treatment for all types of chronic and cancer-related pain through its pain management service. We bring together specialists from different disciplines focused around your specific needs.
Our pain management experts will collaborate with you, your primary care physician and referring physician to establish a treatment plan aimed at controlling your pain.
We understand you may have questions and concerns about your treatment. We are committed to making sure you are informed every step of the way, and we will take the time to answer any questions you may have.
Our highly skilled team includes:
- Anesthesiologists fellowship-trained in Pain Medicine
- Nurse practitioners
Chronic Pain Management: The UVM Medical Center Approach
At our Pain Medicine program, our staff combines the latest technology with compassion and expertise. We offer a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Epidural steroid injections for back pain
- Radiofrequency neurolysis, a procedure that uses heat to block painful nerve pathways and relieve joint pain
As a university hospital, we provide research-based care. That means our diagnostic and treatment techniques are backed by state-of-the-art technology and the latest developments in the field of pain medicine.
Our ultimate goal is to make sure you get the care and support you need to start living your life, pain-free.
Common Pain Medicine Conditions and Symptoms
- Back and Neck Pain
- Cancer-Related Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy)
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia (a painful condition affecting nerve fibers and skin)
- Diabetic Pain and Other Painful Neuropathies
- Myofascial Pain (chronic muscle pain)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation)
Common Pain Medicine Treatments
- Comprehensive Medical Evaluation
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation
- Diagnostic Discography
- Diagnostic Injections
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Intra-Articular Joint Injections
- Intra-spinal Drug Delivery
- Radiofrequency Neurolysis
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Sympathetic and Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Trigger-Point Injections
Chronic and Cancer-Related Pain Treatment
At The UVM Medical Center, our Pain Medicine program provides comprehensive assessment and treatment for all types of chronic and cancer-related pain. Our multidisciplinary approach brings together specialists from different disciplines focused around the specific needs of each patient. Our experts will collaborate with you, your primary care physician and referring physician to establish a treatment plan aimed at controlling your pain.
Pain Medicine's highly skilled team of specially trained Pain Medicine doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners and psychiatrists offers a full range of services - from epidural steroid injections for back pain to radio frequency neurolysis, a procedure that uses heat to block painful nerve pathways and relieve joint pain.
As a university hospital, the care we provide is informed and enhanced by research-based techniques, state-of-the-art technology and the latest developments in the field of pain medicine.
Our ultimate goal is to make sure you get the care and support you need to start living your life without pain - and enjoying the activities and people you love.