Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
354 Mountain View Drive
Colchester, VT 05446-5923
Feeling confident in your appearance is important. Our plastic surgeons work with you to help you look younger by using advanced and safe injectable procedures.
- Botox® and Dysport® smooth wrinkles by relaxing some of your facial muscles.
- Soft dermal fillers fill in the grooves between wrinkles to smooth them out.
- Fat transfer uses fat from elsewhere in your body to make your breasts or lips firmer or fuller.
Injectables: Our Approach
We want you to be happy with your appearance after your outpatient procedure.
- Patients are partners: We listen to you, learn what you want and help you choose the injectable procedure that will best meet your goals.
- Expertise and judgment: Our team of plastic surgeons has more than 50 years of experience. This experience helps us find the most appropriate procedure for you, whether you are looking to smooth out wrinkles or augment lips or breasts.
- Specialists in injectables: All our doctors are fully qualified plastic surgeons with specific training in injectables. Not every doctor who offers injectable procedures is trained in plastic surgery and may not have the training or skill we have. At our center, you receive care from the most qualified doctors in our region, who ensure an effective procedure customized to your needs.
- Accredited surgical facilities: When we do fat transfer procedures we perform them at surgical facilities that are fully accredited by the University of Vermont. Our facilities are safe, well-equipped and comfortable.
Injectable Procedures We Offer
Our outpatient treatments are quick and have short recovery times. We do most soft tissue (dermal) filler and botulinum toxin injections in our office. These procedures typically take half an hour. For fat transfer procedures we need to take fat from elsewhere in your body. We perform these procedures at our surgical center. They typically take 1 to 3 hours.
- Botulinum toxin type A: Preparations made with botulinum toxin, such as Botox® and Dysport®, block nerve signals to your facial muscles. When we inject them into the muscles of your forehead, for example, the muscles do not receive a signal to frown. Your muscles relax, and over time the wrinkles fade. These effects typically last 3 to 4 months. You can safely repeat this procedure whenever its effects wear off. Read more about botulinum toxin.
- Soft tissue (dermal) fillers: Think of these as putty-like gels made from materials natural to your body. We inject them under your skin to plump out hollows and smooth out wrinkles. Our fillers are formulations of hyaluronic acid. This is a sugar (polysaccharide) found in your cartilage and skin, and your body will gradually absorb it. These fillers can last from 6 to 18 months. You can repeat this quick and safe procedure whenever you want new wrinkles smoothed out.
- Fat transfer: We take fat from another part of your body through liposuction. We wash and process the fat, then inject it back into other parts of your body. We can use it to plump up your lips, smooth out facial wrinkles or augment your breasts. Because we use your own living tissue, it integrates with the tissue around it, leading to long-lasting effects.
Effects of Aging We Can Treat With Injectables
With age, you can develop wrinkles and lines on your face. And sometimes after pregnancy or breastfeeding, your breasts can sag or appear less firm. Injectables can help with:
- Crow's-feet: The lines that spread from the corners of your eyes towards your temples.
- Frown lines: Vertical lines between your eyes on your forehead.
- Lipstick bleeds: Deep lines between your lips and nose often caused by smoking.
- Parentheses deformity: Deep lines down from the corner of your mouth, sometimes called marionette lines.
Cosmetic deformity of the breast
- Empty or sagging breast: Sometimes breasts may sag or appear to have lost their shape after pregnancy or breastfeeding.
We offer a range of procedures that can help you look your best. Learn more about our cosmetic surgery options.
- Mommy makeover: This combination of cosmetic procedures helps women regain the stomachs and breasts they want after pregnancy. Read about our mommy makeovers.
- Eye lift (blepharoplasty): We can make your eyes look more rested and remove hanging skin with an outpatient eye lift.
- Face-lift (rhytidectomy): During this surgical procedure, we lift up the skin of your face to tighten and smooth the muscles and tissues beneath. Learn more about face-lifts.
- Quit smoking: Smoking or the use of other tobacco products can lead to more complications during and after surgical procedures. We do not perform elective procedures if you smoke. However, we can help you quit and become healthier through our tobacco cessation program.