The UVM Health Network Critical Care Transport
The University of Vermont Health Network critical care transport team is the region's premier intensive care transportation resource for adult, pediatric, and obstetric patients. When facilities throughout Vermont and northern New York require specialized assistance to stabilize critically ill patients and transport them safely to a higher level of care, our team is prepared to answer the call.
Our specialized nurses and paramedics allow us to meet the dynamic needs of critically ill patients while in transit. Although our ground and air ambulances contain state-of-the-art equipment, it is the expertise of our health care providers that lies at the heart of our critical care transportation. This system is only possible through extensive training, rigorous quality management, and comprehensive clinical oversight through the UVM Health Network.
Arrange Critical Care Transportation
- Please call 1-866-648-4886
Critical Care Services
Healthnet is uniquely designed to care for a wide range of critically ill adult and pediatric patients throughout Vermont and northern New York, including but not limited to:
- Respiratory failure
- Multi-system organ failure
- Cardiovascular emergencies
- Surgical and vascular emergencies
- Neurologic and neurosurgical emergencies
- High-risk obstetrics
- Neonatal Intensive Care (in collaboration with the UVM Medical Center NICU team)
About the Care Coordination System
Critical care transportation is one piece of the UVM Health Network care coordination system, a group of more than 130 health care providers, nurses, EMTs, paramedics, communications specialists and logistics experts that work together to coordinate safe, seamless care for our patients. We collaborate with more than 20 hospitals and 25 ambulance providers in Vermont and northern New York, spanning a service area of 40,000 square miles.
Our services include:
- Coordinating patient transfers
- Connecting physicians with specialists for timely consultations
- Marshaling medical and communication resources to respond to emergencies
- Managing bed planning and placement for patients across the entire UVM Health Network
- Coordinating and providing critical care transportation