Learn how to safely get the care you need, in-person or online.
Safely delivering needed care has always been at the core of the University of Vermont Health Network mission and never has that been more important than now. With the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions by adjusting some of the ways we provide care in person as well as expanding access to remote care options.
Ways You Can Receive Care
Video and Phone Visits
- VIDEO VISITS: A video visit is a secure online appointment between you and your provider using a computer, tablet or smartphone. Both you and the provider are able to see, hear and speak to each other about your health concerns and care, just as you would during an in-office visit. Your provider can also submit any required prescriptions to your pharmacy and help to coordinate necessary follow-up. Contact your provider or care team by phone or through MyChart to determine if a video visit is an option for your needs. Learn more.
- TELEPHONE VISITS: For some health visits or follow-up needs, an appointment by phone with your provider is appropriate. Contact your provider or care team by phone or through MyChart to determine if a telephone visit is an option for your needs.
- MYCHART: If you have a MyChart account, you can connect with your provider's office regarding your health anytime. Contact your provider through secure messaging, request and manage appointments, request prescription renewals, access test results and more. Login to your MyChart account or create a new account here.
When you arrive for in-person visits, you will notice additional safety precautions. We are conducting health screenings at all our entrances to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our patients and staff. Additionally, we require patients and visitors to follow social distancing guidelines in waiting rooms and to wear a mask at all times.
- SCHEDULED VISITS: In-person visits are being scheduled for most departments and services. Precautions are in place to support the safety and comfort of both patients and staff. Contact your provider's office to discuss your health needs. Learn what to expect for your in-person appointment or procedure.
- URGENT CARE: Whether you have illness or injury, our Urgent Care, located at the Fanny Allen Campus in Colchester, remains open seven days a week from 8 am – 8 pm. Precautions are in place to support the safety and comfort of both patients and staff.
- EMERGENCY CARE: For emergency health needs, our Emergency Department, located on our Main Campus in Burlington, remains open 24/7. Precautions are in place to support the safety and comfort of both patients and staff.
Don't Delay Your Health Needs or Ignore Your Wellbeing
The University of Vermont Medical Center is here for you, your family and this community.
Please contact your provider's office with any health questions or concerns. If you have a life-threatening situation, call 9-1-1.