1 South Prospect Street
Arnold, Level 2
Burlington, VT 05401-3456
When you are not sleeping well at night, it affects your entire day. If you find that you are not sleeping well, that you're snoring or feeling tired, make an appointment with The University of Vermont Medical Center's comprehensive Sleep Program.
Sleep Program at The UVM Medical Center
The UVM Medical Center has the only sleep center in Chittenden County that is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), considered the gold standard in the field of sleep care. This accreditation shows that a sleep center maintains the highest standards of care. We serve both adult and pediatric patients in Vermont and northern New York.
Our sleep center sees an average of 1800 patients per year. We offer Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT), Home PAP Titrations, Mask Fitting, and Actigraphy, a method of monitoring rest and activity cycles.
The UVM Medical Center also offers a Cognitive Behavior Therapy program as well as a Pediatric Behavioral Sleep Medicine program.
On June 14, Philips issued a voluntary recall for several of its Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), BiLevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiLevel PAP) and Mechanical Ventilator devices. Learn more.
We have three locations.
- Office visits with clinical teams are at the 1 South Prospect/Arnold 2 location (formerly UHC). View on Google Maps
- The UVM Medical Center Sleep Lab is located at the Residence Inn by Marriott, 71 Rathe Road, Colchester. View on Google Maps
- We also conduct sleep studies at our Sleep Lab on Patrick 5 at the Main Campus. View on Google Maps.
Sleep Disorders That We Treat
Common sleep disorders that we treat include:
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Narcolepsy & other Disorders of Daytime Sleepiness
- Parasomnias (Unusual Behaviors during Sleep)
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorders & other Sleep-Related Movement Disorders
- REM Behavior Disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- Sleep Apnea (both Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Central Sleep Apnea)
- Sleep-Related Hypoventilation & other Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
A Team Approach to Sleep Care at The UVM Medical Center
Our multidisciplinary team includes sleep medicine-certified physicians and skilled technicians, along with physicians specially trained in:
- Mental health
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat, or ENT)
- Pulmonary Medicine
Our team approach ensures that you receive the most comprehensive care possible.
In addition, you benefit from the clinical and teaching excellence and research-based expertise found only at an academic medical center.
Sleep Center - For Medical Professionals
The Sleep Center at The University of Vermont Medical Center is staffed with highly skilled physicians and sleep specialists who also teach and conduct research. Because we are a university hospital we offer a setting that combines education, training and the latest advancements in technology. This allows our physicians to educate others and conduct vital research, which fuels better care for our patients.
Learn more about our clinical, research and academic missions below.
How to Refer a Patient
How to refer a patient to the Sleep Center at UVM Medical Center:
- Provider Access Service: 800-639-2480
- Email: ReferralCenteruvmhealth [dot] org. Note: please send encrypted files.
Sleep Center Referral Forms
For information on the Office of Provider Relations, Provider Access Services and Patient Placement Services, visit Patient Referral Resources.
- Sleep Fellowship Program - We offer a one-year postgraduate Sleep Medicine Fellowship to prepare fellows for a successful career in sleep medicine.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) – Our CME Program offers a series of medical courses for healthcare professionals to learn about new and developing areas of their fields. Visit CME.
- Grand Rounds - Grand Rounds present current medical topics and developments. They are sponsored by individual departments on a regular basis.
The Department of Neurological Sciences at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM is actively engaged in various research studies and education programs. Learn more about research at the Department of Neurological Sciences.
Sleep Center Resources
Learn how to set up your CPAP machine:
Learn how to clean and care for your CPAP mask machine:
Learn how to apply your home sleep apnea testing kit: