Daily sign out rounds are held on the in-service teams, followed by rounds with attending physician staff. In additional, there is a weekly conference service focused on resident education. There are numerous other seminars and conferences with a neuroscience theme that are held throughout the university campus involving many academic departments.
Specific conferences help by the Department of Neurological Sciences for Resident Education:
- Orientation neurology starter talks (Resident-Run)
- Summer Neuro-Anatomy Course for residents
- Resident academic half day (weekly for 3 hours, rotating theme of the week*)
- Radiology-Pathology Interdisciplinary conference (twice monthly)
- Vascular Neurology Interdisciplinary conference (monthly)
- Neuroradiology teaching conference (monthly)
- Resident/Director Lunch Meeting (monthly)
- Departmental Grand Rounds (3 weeks per month)
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference (monthly)
- Brain Cutting (weekly)
- Muscle and Nerve pathology conference (monthly)
- Vascular Neurology Case Conference (quarterly)
- Hematology-Neurology Case Conference (quarterly)
- Neuro-Oncology Tumor Board (monthly)
*Topics for academic half day include: Movement disorders, stroke, memory, neuromuscular, neuro-pediatrics, epilepsy, coding and compliance, neuro-radiology, neuro-infectious disease, neurology practice and improvement, resident research, resident quality improvement, neuro-genetics, neuro-palliative care, board review, headache, multiple sclerosis and neuro-immunology, neuro-ophthalmology, neuro-oncology, sleep, neuro-otology.
Interested in applying?
Program number for ERAS Applications: