Dr. Zachary Weintraub is a critical care and pulmonary disease specialist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and Assistant Professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, Vermont. He is also the Associate Director of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center.
He treats patients with COPD, Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis and Airways Disease and performs specialized procedures in Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis and Chest tubes.
Dr. Weintraub feels that it is crucial to develop relationships with patients by taking the time to listen to complex and comprehensive medical histories. By developing these relationships, together with the patient, the best treatment plans are developed allowing patients to live their best lives possible.
Learn more about pulmonary and critical care medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Critical Care MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.