Dr. Yasmeen Abdul-Karim is a child psychiatrist at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital, specializing in ADHD, depression, anxiety, disruptive behavior disorders and mood disorders. She enjoys meeting with families and helping to address each family’s unique needs. In doing so, she is dedicated to helping each family reach their potential: emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually. She considers it a privilege to share in and navigate struggles, as well as, the successes and triumphs.
Dr. Abdul-Karim's ultimate intention is to guide children and their parents/caregivers to live more healthy and hopeful lives and to thrive.
Read about psychiatry at UVM Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Child and Adolescent PsychiatryAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.