Whitney R. Calkins, MD
- Family Medicine - Primary Care
Family Medicine - South Burlington
3 Timber Lane
South Burlington, VT 05403-7205
Dr. Calkins is a family medicine physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center and an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT.
Dr. Calkins' clinical area of expertise is preventive health care, women's health care, ADHD in children and adults, and migraine treatment and prevention. She provides preventive and psychological conditions care, and manages contraception, blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, and neurological disease for patients with asthma. Dr. Calkins' office procedures include colposcopy and IUD insertions.
An assistant professor of family medicine at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM, Dr. Calkins is an Academic Detailer who visits primary care locations across the state providing evidence-based prescribing and treatment strategy education.
View Dr. Calkins's academic profile at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.