Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
354 Mountain View Drive
Colchester, VT 05446-5923
Dr. Thomas Willson is a plastic surgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor of surgery at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He specializes in cleft lip and palate repair, face lift and face grafting, rhinoplasty, cranioplasty, ear reconstruction, microsurgery, speech surgery, breast reconstruction, breast augmentation, breast reduction and more.
His research interests include facial trauma risk factors and outcomes, congenital anomalies, global health, global surgery, and facial cosmetic surgery techniques and outcomes.
Patient and family-centered care is at the core of Dr. Willson’s philosophy. His goal is to provide the right treatment, at the right time, under the right circumstances. This means taking the time to address all his patients' concerns and discuss all the options open to them in addition to providing a recommendation. He would like every patient to leave their appointment feeling that they have been heard, that their questions have been answered, and with confidence in our joint decisions.
Learn more about plastic surgery at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Plastic Surgery' - Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Surgery - General Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.