Dr. Terence Naumann is a family physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He specializes in common family medicine problems including diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, obesity, anxiety, depression, and promoting good health.
Dr. Naumann finds the most rewarding aspect of being a family doctor is the personal connection with his patients. When his patients are in the exam room they have his complete and focused attention. He works together with his patients to use their concerns, wishes and values in combination with his medical knowledge and experience to devise the best plan for each individual.
Dr. Naumann’s first interest in medicine originated from his own young mother's death at the age of 37. Although he has never found a cure for pancreatic cancer he nevertheless found a very satisfying and worthwhile career in caring for patient's everyday illnesses. He is still just as enthusiastic about seeing his next patient as he was in meeting his very first one many years ago.
He is most proud of his 10 year volunteer commitment to The Open Door Clinic in Middlebury where he is the Medical Director. The clinic sees only uninsured and underinsured patients.
Learn more about family medicine at the UVM Medical Center
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.