Scott Lollis, MD is a neurosurgeon at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He treats conditions such as spinal stenosis, spinal degeneration, spinal tumors, fractures and spondylolisthesis.
Dr. Lollis’ research includes spinal fractures, pre-hospital transport of critically ill neurosurgical patients and intra-operative navigation, which is a tool that gives surgeons real-time access to a patient’s diagnostic imaging while in the operating room.
Dr. Lollis believes in addition to operating, a surgeon's most important role is helping the patient to make an informed decision about whether or not to have surgery. He takes whatever time is necessary to understand his patient’s mindset, to fully discuss all options, operative as well as non-operative, and to answer whatever questions he or she might have.
- Member Board
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.