Dr. Weinberger joined the UVM Children's Hospital in 2010 as a pediatrician. He also serves as the medical director of Pediatric Primary Care and as an assistant professor of Pediatrics at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
As a pediatrician, Dr. Weinberger treats patients in the Pediatric Immigrant Clinic. In addition to immigrant and refugee medicine, his clinical focus includes the patient-centered medical home and children with special health care needs.
Dr. Weinberger cares for children and teens of all ages. His work includes managing chronic and infectious illnesses common among foreign-born, new Americans as well as coordinating care for children with special health care needs. Dr. Weinberger partners with parents and families to help their children thrive physically, socially and emotionally.
Dr. Weinberger is a faculty member with the Vermont Child Health Improvement Program and a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.