1 South Prospect Street
Arnold, Level 2
Burlington, VT 05401-3456
Sigfus Gunnlaugsson, MD is a pediatric pulmonologist and sleep medicine physician at the University of Vermont Medical Center. He performs a variety of specialized procedures, such as bronchoscopy and polysomnography, and his research interests include the interplay between lung disease and sleep-disordered breathing; epidemiological research on asthma and obstructive sleep apnea; and health outcomes of asthma and obstructive sleep apnea. His published research can be found here.
Dr. Gunnlaugsson finds great joy in the opportunity to build long-term relationships with his patients. He puts significant emphasis on family- and patient-centered care, making sure that the patient and their family always understands his thought process related to their care. He truly hopes that every patient and family leaves a visit feeling that they were heard, their concerns were addressed, and their questions were answered.
Learn more about pediatric pulmonology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.