Shannon Hogan is a pediatrician at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Her interests are in breastfeeding and lactation support, preventative health, obesity, hypertension, adolescent medicine, community based care, nutrition, and exercise.
Dr. Hogan is interested in community based research addressing ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) by building resilience and improving the wellbeing of her patients. She is also interested in improving the health and nutrition of her patients as a way to combat obesity, decrease the rate of hypertension, and enhance overall health.
Dr. Hogan chose medicine as a career because throughout her childhood pediatricians were an integral part of not only her health, but how she viewed the world. During her time volunteering in schools in Boston, working with kids in the Girls Science Club or tutoring in the elementary school, it became clear to her that the giving of her time for the success of future generations was not only going to be her career, but her mission in life.
Dr. Hogan is honored to have the privilege of working with pediatric patients and their families. Through this gift, she has been able to fine tune her skills to provide the best pediatric care, so her patients have the opportunities to grow up and be healthy and successful adults.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.