Dr. Sean Maloney is the medical director and site leader of Family Medicine – Colchester at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He has an interest in obesity, nutrition, exercise, joint injections, IUD contraception, endometrial biopsy and skin biopsy. As medical director he hopes to continue to improve how we treat the whole patient and family throughout their lives.
Dr. Maloney chose family medicine because he felt it the most challenging and interesting area of medicine that treats the whole person and the whole family. He enjoys being able to communicate closely with his patients.He also enjoys working with the office team and continually trying to make the whole care experience better for the patient. Dr. Maloney hopes to be able to educate young doctors and medical students and encourage them toward a career in Family Medicine.
Learn more about family medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.