Sarah McLaughlin is an adult primary care nurse practitioner at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Sarah specializes in adult primary care, seniors and health promotion and preventative care.
She finds it most rewarding and humbling when patients share their lives with her. She loves to hear about the joys and successes patients have achieved because of their improved health or because they have been able to manage their health concerns in a way that allows them to meet their goals. She finds it inspiring when patients come back into the office to share their stories.
Sarah believes her patients are a vital member of the healthcare team, and wants them to feel involved and engaged in their healthcare. She provides an open and understanding space to listen to their needs and support them in a way that they are able to achieve their optimum level of wellness.
Sarah’s relationship with her patients is a collaborative one. She depends on her patients to share their needs and concerns so she can work with them to come up with a health care plan that is attainable in their view, and which helps them meet goals in a way that is respectful of their values and life circumstances.
Learn more about adult primary care at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners - Family Nurse Practitioner
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.