Sarah A. Twichell, MD
- Pediatric Nephrology
111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Sarah Twichell is a pediatric nephrologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. She treats patients with kidney conditions such as hypertension, chronic kidney disease, glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the kidney), and nephrotic syndrome which is a disease that involves protein in the urine and swelling or edema.
Dr. Twichell’s research interests include improving the recognition of high blood pressures in children, and detecting early life risk factors for the development of hypertension, or high blood pressure.
Because many kidney diseases persist throughout childhood, Dr. Twitchell creates long term relationships with her patients and their families. She enjoys working to educate them so they leave with a better understanding of their kidney disease.
Learn more about pediatric nephrology at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric NephrologyAmerican Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.