Sandra G. Wood, NP, CNM
- PsychiatryObstetrics and GynecologyMidwifery
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Sandra Wood is a Certified Nurse-Midwife and a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Sandra is also a clinical instructor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. Sandra specializes in women’s health including prenatal and postpartum care, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, mindfulness-based stress reduction, psychiatric medications in pregnancy and lactation.
Throughout Sandra’s nursing career she has worked in some aspect of women’s health. She has enhanced her role as a Certified Nurse-Midwife by adding skills as an Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. This allows her to specialize in helping women address emotional complications that arise in pregnancy, birth, and the first year after the birth.
Sandra enjoys the privilege of being able to witness the unfolding of pregnancy, the power of birth, and the creation of mothers and families. She sees her role as a guide through a profound transition to parenthood. The transition may be smooth or contain unexpected events. Currently, her focus is to support women through the emotional changes and challenges of this time.
Learn more about women’s health, at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Midwifery Certification Board - MidwiferyAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center - Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.