Safoora Syeda, MBBS is a neurologist at the UVM Medical Center and an assistant professor of pediatric neurology at the UVM Medical Center.
Among the top conditions Dr. Syeda manages are childhood-onset neuromuscular and neurogenetic disorders, including myopathies, muscular dystrophies and neuropathies; developmental delay; movement disorders; childhood-onset seizure disorders; and other childhood-onset disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system. She performs a variety of special procedures, including nerve conduction study and electromyography (NCS/EMG), muscle ultrasound, nerve ultrasound, and lumbar puncture.
Dr. Syeda’s research interests include congenital and childhood-onset neuromuscular disorders, outcomes for neuromuscular disorders, gene therapy, and muscle and nerve imaging.
Dr. Syeda feels honored to be a part of each patient’s life and medical decision-making, and considers it a privilege to take care of children affected with neurological disorders. She believes in taking an individualized approach to each patient, addressing their individual needs and providing them with all resources available. She would like her patients to leave each visit feeling that all their concerns and questions have been addressed. Her motto for patient care is to help you thrive, not just survive!;
Learn more about neurology at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurol
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.