Rose Bernier is a physical therapist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She specializes in orthopedics. Her focus of treatment is managing patients with musculoskeletal pain and injuries, and in post orthopedic spine surgery and spine rehabilitation. She also treats patients who have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) - the most common cause of vertigo. Treatment technique may include therapeutic exercise, manual therapy, education in static and dynamic movement mechanics and if needed other modalities. Rose’s research interests lie in the treatment of lower back pain.
Rose finds fulfillment in knowing she has assisted her patients in returning to their prior lifestyle allowing them to enjoy life and the activities they want to participate in. Her approach is to listen to her clients and learn about their goals and help them work towards achieving them. She focuses on developing independence in self-care through a therapeutic exercise based program.Learn more about rehabilitation at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.