Dr. Roger Ishac is an interventional cardiologist at The University of Vermont Health Network-Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital in Plattsburgh, NY, and at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, VT. Dr. Ishac also serves as an assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM.
He specializes in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, ischemic heart disease, peripheral vascular diseases, cardiomyopathy and heart failure. Areas of treatment expertise include percutaneous coronary angioplasties and stenting as well as peripheral interventions. He is board certified in interventional cardiology, cardiovascular diseases, echocardiography and nuclear cardiology.
He has a diverse educational background that includes training in the United States and in Canada. Dr. Ishac is proficient in many languages including: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Armenian. He is dedicated in providing the latest treatment options to patients and families in an academic medical setting.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular DiseaseAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.