Dr. Bob Gramling joined The University of Vermont Medical Center as the inaugural Holly and Bob Miller Chair in Palliative Medicine and the inaugural Chief of the Division of Palliative Medicine in the Department of Family Medicine at the UVM College of Medicine. His clinical, research and teaching focuses on understanding and promoting high quality communication between patients, families and their clinicians in the context of advanced and life threatening illness.
His specialties include palliative medicine and hospice care.
Prior to joining the UVM Medical Center, Dr. Gramling was an associate professor in Family Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, and research co-director in the Division of Palliative Care at the University of Rochester, New York.
Dr. Gramling has authored more than 70 publications and received research funding from the National Institutes of Health, The National Palliative Care Research Center, the Greenwall Bioethics Foundation and the American Cancer Society and is a recognized leader in palliative and hospice care.
Learn more about Palliative Medicine at the UVM Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Family Medicine - Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family Medicine - Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.