Psychological Services - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Patrick, Level 4
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Rebecca Ruid is a clinical child psychologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Dr. Ruid works with children, adolescents, and parents providing outpatient psychotherapy utilizing a primarily cognitive-behavioral approach, a form of therapy that examines how one can think and behave in a way that reduces problems.
Dr. Ruid's current areas of clinical focus include parenting work (which can involve collaborative parenting through divorce/separation); behavioral disorders; anxiety disorders; relationship and family problems; and coping with and adjusting to chronic illness with an expertise working with children and families coping and adjusting to a diagnosis of Type I Diabetes. Dr. Ruid is particularly invested in facilitating mental health integration in primary care systems. Dr. Ruid provides clinical supervision to pre-doctoral clinical psychology students.
Dr. Ruid enjoys working with children, adolescents, and their parents and strives to create a comfortable environment in which patients feel heard, understood, and hopeful.
Learn more about pediatric psychology at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.