Puyao Li, MD is a radiation oncologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Li's clinical focus is on the treatment of breast, gynecologic and metastatic cancers. She emphasizes a compassionate, individualized, and evidence-based approach in treating patients with cancer.
Dr. Li received her BS from Yale University and her MD from the Harvard University. She completed residency training in the Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, a joint program between Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
Her research interests include understanding causes for and reducing side effects of cancer treatments, and improving and individualizing radiation therapy for patients. She provides a variety of specialized procedures, including 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Extracranial Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) or Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy (SABR), and Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS).
- Member Board
- American Board of Radiology - Radiation Oncology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.