Prospero B. Gogo, MD
- Interventional CardiologyCardiovascular Disease
Cardiology - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, McClure, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Prospero Gogo is an interventional cardiologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. He is also the director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, the fellowship program director in Interventional Cardiology, and is an associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT.
Dr. Gogo specializes in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI, which includes angioplasty and stenting), acute coronary syndrome and congenital heart defects. A nationally recognized cardiologist, Dr. Gogo is a recipient of the General Cardiology Fellowship Teaching Award. He is also the governor-elect of the Vermont Chapter of the American College of Cardiology, a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, and a Fellow of the Society for Coronary Angiography and Interventions.
His research interest is in coronary interventional devices, adjunctive pharmacology for PCI and acute coronary syndrome, and radiation safety in the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Dr. Gogo believes his role is to understand his patients' needs and work with them to form a care plan that fits their health situation. Because cardiology care often requires high-stakes treatment, involving the patient in treatment decisions is essential.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular DiseaseAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.