Ophthalmology - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, West Pavilion, Level 5
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Skidd returns to The University of Vermont Medical Center in a joint appointment as a neuro-ophthalmologist in the departments of Neurology and Ophthalmology.
In 2012, Dr. Skidd graduated from his Neurology residency program at the University of Vermont College of Medicine. He rejoins the community following the completion of a prestigious Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Skidd specializes in complex neuro-ophthalmology issues and will be in clinic three days a week in close association with Dr. Phil Aitken. He is committed to providing the highest quality of care for his patients and the most accurate and up-to-date opinions to referring physicians.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.