Cardiology - Main Campus
111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, McClure, Level 1
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Cardiology - Tilley Drive
62 Tilley Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403-4407
Dr. Ades is a cardiologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center. He is also a professor and serves as the medical director of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He has been on the faculty since 1984.
Dr. Ades' expertise is in cardiac rehabilitation, stress testing, hyperlipidemia, ischemic heart disease and preventive cardiology. He has devoted his career to researching the value of exercise for the treatment and prevention of heart disease and has developed exercise protocols that improve clinical outcomes in older women and overweight patients with heart disease. Because of his strong family history of coronary heart disease, Dr. Ades wants to do everything possible to advance the field and provide preventive cardiology services to Vermonters.
Dr. Ades specializes in using exercise as a treatment for cardiac rehabilitation. Heart patients who exercise regularly live longer and have a better quality of life. He works with his patients to develop an exercise program that is appropriate for their specific conditions. When it comes to cardiac rehabilitation, one size does not fit all.
Learn more about cardiology at The University of Vermont Medical Center.
For more information about his research and academic interests, view Dr. Ades' bio at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM and his scholarly work.
- Member Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular DiseaseAmerican Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.