Dr. Patrick Schottel joins the University of Vermont Medical Center Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Center as an orthopedic surgeon and the Larner College of Medicine at UVM as an assistant professor. Dr. Schottel completed his fellowship in Orthopedic Traumatology at the University of Texas in Houston. After the completion of his fellowship, Dr. Schottel traveled to Germany where he studied at Johannes Gutenberg University as the John Border Memorial AO Fellow.
As an orthopedic surgeon specializing in trauma, Dr. Schottel understands that many of his patients meet him in a time of chaos and disruption. He takes pride in knowing that in the midst of the chaos, he can provide patients with the clarity and care they need to overcome orthopedic injuries.
- Member Board
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.