111 Colchester Avenue
Main Campus, Main Pavilion, Level 2
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Oluwatosin Akintola, MD is a neurologist and neuro-oncologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center, and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont.
Dr. Akintola understands that there are unique considerations and challenges for patients with brain tumors, and considers it a privilege to treat them. Her goal is for every patient in her care to feel that they have someone in their corner as they navigate the difficulties of their disease.
Dr. Akintola performs a variety of specialized procedures, including chemotherapy administration, intrathecal chemotherapy, lumbar puncture and Ommaya access. Her research interests include gliomas and neurocognitive impairment in patients with brain tumors.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.