Dr. Niels Giddins is a pediatric cardiologist at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital and associate professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He treats patients with conditions such as congenital heart disease, pediatric arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders), heart failure and cardiomyopathy. He specializes in procedures such as echocardiography and pediatric exercise stress testing.
Dr. Giddins finds joy in working with and relating to children, especially in the cardiovascular field where so many tremendous scientific advances are impacting patient care so dramatically. He enjoys seeing a child grow up, with the potential for a great and fulfilling life, after facing sometimes incredible challenges. He values partnering with his patients, their families and caregivers who all work together to create the best possible outcomes.
Learn more about pediatric cardiology at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.