Dr. Mirabelle Sajisevi is an otolaryngologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. Within the field of otolaryngology, she specializes in all aspects of head and neck cancer treatment from surgical removal to reconstruction. She also manages disorders of the thyroid/parathyroid and salivary glands.
One of the special procedures she performs is called TORS or transoral robotic surgery. The surgeon controls robotic arms with special instruments that are placed in the mouth. With the assistance of the robot, surgeons are able to gain visualization and access to tumors in the throat in a way that is much less invasive than traditional methods. This allows patients to have fewer side effects from treatment and quicker recoveries.
Another type of operation she performs is microvascular reconstruction. Cancers of the head and neck that require surgical removal often need to be reconstructed using tissue from another part of the body in order to achieve the best possible quality of life for patients.
Dr. Sajisevi values being part of the multidisciplinary cancer team at the UVM Medical Center that develops individualized treatment plans for patients. The most rewarding aspect of her practice is the development of long standing relationships with patients on their journey through diagnosis, treatment, recovery and follow up.
- Member Board
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.