Vermont Center for Children, Youth and Families
1 South Prospect Street
Arnold, Level 3
Burlington, VT 05401-5505
Central Vermont Inpatient Psychiatry Unit
130 Fisher Road
Berlin, VT 05602-9516
Dr. Michael Hoffnung is an attending doctor in pediatric psychiatry at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital. He is also an assistant professor of psychiatry at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM. He specializes in ADHD, anxiety, autism and mood disorders. His research interests include collaborative care.
Dr. Hoffnong provides an open space for children and families in order to help them identify and attain their goals. He believes in a strengths based multimodal approach to evaluation and treatment, which is a collaborative process between his patients and their care team.
Learn more about child psychiatry at the UVM Children’s Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Child and Adolescent PsychiatryAmerican Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.