Marie-Claire Smith joined The University of Vermont Medical Center's Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Center in South Burlington, VT as an advanced practice nurse practitioner in 2012. Her specialties include foot and ankle fractures, acute and chronic foot and ankle problems, and diabetic foot problems.
Marie-Claire manages non-operative fractures of the feet and ankles, acute injuries and chronic problems –including sprains, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, corns and calluses – and undiagnosed foot and ankle pain. Marie-Claire believes that in the ideal provider-patient relationship, the provider offers guidance while taking in account the patient’s level of literacy, their needs and their values. The patient must take charge of their health and make informed decisions, while trusting the provider enough to truthfully share any obstacle that might prevent them from reaching their goals.
In 2006, Marie-Claire was named the University of Vermont’s Staff Woman of the Year.
- Member Board
- American Nurses Credentialing Center - Family Nurse Practitioner
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Evernorth (formerly Cigna Behavioral Health)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- POMCO (must include POMCO Select Logo)
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health) – Commercial Plans including UMR end 12/31/23 | Frequently asked questions
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.