Matthew Saia, MD
- Pediatrics - Primary Care
Pediatric Primary Care - Burlington
1 South Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05401-5505
Pediatric Primary Care - Williston
353 Blair Park Road
Williston, VT 05495-7530
Dr. Matthew Saia is a pediatrician at the University of Vermont Medical Center and assistant professor at the Larner College of Medicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He specializes in adolescent care, patient-centered medical home and school-based health.
Dr. Saia chose medicine as a profession so he could help successfully integrate a healthy lifestyle into the lives of patients, their families and the community. He finds it rewarding to learn about the surrounding community and to tailor medical care to the cultural needs and preferences of families as well as facilitating their successful integration into their medical homes. He enjoys developing long-term relationships with his patients and their families and making sure they receive the care they need, when they need it.
Dr. Saia is most proud of his awards and accomplishments working to prioritize medical student and resident education. He has taken an active role as a member of a committee focused on enhancing medical student education using direct feedback from students during pediatric rotations. He has also led a quality improvement initiative with other residents, faculty and staff from multiple departments to better understand and improve the quality of lectures provided during pediatric residency. He takes pride in providing a positive impact on the training of medical students and residents.
Learn about pediatrics at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.