Matthew C. Hollander, MD
- Pediatric Rheumatology
Children's Specialty Center
111 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT 05401-1473
Dr. Matthew Hollander is a pediatric rheumatologist at the University ofVermont Children's Hospital and assistant professor at the Larner College ofMedicine at UVM in Burlington, VT. He specializes in pediatric chronicillnesses such as juvenile arthritis, lupus, and connective tissuediseases. His research interests include Lean methodology for qualityimprovement.
Dr. Hollander is continually humbled by the resilience young kids andadolescents can display when challenged by a chronic disease. As a parent,he knows it can be tough to make the best decision for your child whenchance is involved. Helping kids and families know they have all theinformation and tools they need to succeed motivates him to become a betterdoctor every day.
Dr. Hollander became interested in this specialty after realizing what heenjoyed most about practicing pediatrics: seeing kids develop over time,learning about the whole body and being part of a team to support hispatients. For him, rheumatology is about mobility and tailoring eachtherapy for the most benefit and least risk. Dr. Hollander is excited to bepart of an evolving field to bring patients better treatments.
Learn more aboutpediatric rheumatologyat the University of Vermont Children's Hospital.
- Member Board
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatric Rheumatology
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.