Speech Language Pathology - Fanny Allen Campus
790 College Parkway
Fanny Allen Campus
Colchester, VT 05446
Mary-Kara Comeau is a speech-language pathologist and clinical lead at the University of Vermont Medical Center. She specializes in pediatric swallowing and feeding. She works with children and their families within the hospital while they are in the NICU or on pediatric floors. She additionally sees outpatients for Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies and/or interdisciplinary care team visits with the Pediatric Feeding Team and Aero digestive Clinic.
In addition to pediatrics, Mary-Kara works in the acute care setting evaluating patients with stroke, brain injury, neurodegenerative diseases, and patients with tracheostomy/ventilator requirements. Mary-Kara values working in an environment that allows her to provide high quality, evidence-based care.
Learn more about speech language pathology at the UVM Medical Center.
Participating Insurance Plans at the UVM Medical Center:
If your insurance carrier is not listed below, please call Customer Service at (802) 847-8000.
Please Note: The below is a list of insurers contracted with The University of Vermont Medical Center, but it does not guarantee participation of your specific insurance plan or coverage of your planned service (i.e. medical, dental, behavioral health, etc.). Please contact your insurer to determine your benefit coverage.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield NH
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA (includes Dental)
- Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians' Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West (includes Dental)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna LifeSource
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Delta Dental
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Essential Plan and Exchange products)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)* (VT Medicaid includes Dental)
- Optum Rx
- St. Regis Mohawk Tribe (Medicare)
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare Humana Military (excludes Humana Behavioral Health)
- TriCare Martin's Point Health Care (excludes Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare (excludes United Behavioral Health)
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran's Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- Vermont Blue Advantage
- Workers' Comp (VT and NY)
*Not every provider type is eligible to enroll with Government Payers. Please consult your provider’s office prior to visit for confirmation.